Thursday, May 7, 2009

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow will make 4 weeks. Every day has been another hurdle, and another miracle.
Mark will be going into surgery again tomorrow. The time has not yet been set, but as soon as I have info I will pass it along. This round, Dr Guy will be grafting skin from Mark's scalp to cover his knees and elbows. Using grafted skin in those areas will allow for greater flexibility and range of motion.
The doctors have been taking Mark completely off of the ventilator during the day, reconnecting only to allow him to rest. His temp has remained stable, no fevers or dips in body temperature. His blood pressure has been a bit of a concern as they are trying to wean him off of the meds.
The infectious disease doctor gave word yesterday that his infections are responding to the antibiotics and "looking good."
Beyond all of the clinical details, Mark is progressing amazingly! He is more responsive every day. He wants so badly to talk, and tries to communicate the best he can. He tried to write today, but still not quite coordinated enough to form words...but at the pace he's been going, he'll be writing a novel by tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Mark, Thinking of you today. You are truly amazing and God is healing you. I love you bro and will pray for you as you are taken back for surgery. Hang tough...you are my only lil bro and God does indeed have great plans for you, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying today that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark is such brave boy...I am thinking of him daily..And I send my prayers..

    ReplyDelete