Sunday, June 7, 2009

June 7, 2009

During this morning's visit, Mark was alert. They had just changed his line (IV) to a new location and were waiting for X-rays to confirm it's proper placement before they could resume any of his sedation or pain meds. So his blood pressure was elevated due to the pain. Otherwise his vitals have all been stable. His temperature was up a bit yesterday (38 C/100.4 F) but it is back to normal this morning.
The results of his echocardiogram were good. There is no damage to his heart from the infections.
One more day...one step closer to the finish line!

6 comments:

  1. Mark, keep showing everyone how incredibly strong you are and what a fighter you are and next year, you, Shannon and I will all have a big Birthday Cake to celebrate together!!!! We will just make the entire month of June a HUGE celebration. Sound like a plan????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark,
    Today when I blew out my birthday candles, you KNOW what I wished for. For you to walk out of that hospital...soon! I love you, Bro!
    Your big sister(by 3 years until June 27th),
    Shannon XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. You keep on keeping on Mark !! I feel like I have abandoned you , but I will be back up there as soon as my cold is gone, you and the others in ICU sure couldn't deal with catching my cold.
    I love you !!!!!!
    Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my Brother keep up the good work! We are all thinking of you. I know I should try and write more often. Hey I am a guy we dont write often ya know. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that he is doing well today! I know each day is a roller coaster, I read a saying from a co worker that wraps it up in a whole. "Hope has two beautiful children, anger and courage. Anger at the way things are, and courage to change them." St. Augustine

    Stacey Emigh-Ooten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark, I will continue to pray for you and you know we will always be here for you rooting you on. You seemed more rested at today's visit. I am glad you had a better day. Your vital signs looked great and your circulation is terrific! All systems are GO! Keep up the fight Mark! It was so hard to leave Tn today. I miss you already...but am only a phone call away! I love you, bro!

    ReplyDelete