Friday, June 5, 2009

Surgery Went Well

Today's surgery went well. There was actually more done in the surgery than we had originally thought. The same process Dr Guy used about a month ago to graft skin from Mark's scalp to cover his right leg was repeated using skin from the backs of his hands. Due to the process of "stretching" the donor skin, he was able to make it go a long way towards covering Mark's burns. He covered all of his right arm, about half of his left arm, his knees, and the small portions of his chest that needed repair. Mark tolerated the surgery well.
The cardiologist came later this evening to do an EKG to determine if Mark's heart has been affected by the still present infection. We are still awaiting the results of that.

3 comments:

  1. Mark, Your spirit and determination are inspiring! There is power in prayer. I continue to pray for you, your family and your caregivers. You have come sooooo far! You can do it! Keep going, show 'em what you got!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy is right , and all what she say´s is like my own words , only I don´t so able to say it so beautiful ,like my sister did , because my languege is not good enough . But over all - I´m with you in my prayers Brave Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    You are so brave and determined. There is no doubt in my mind that you will overcome all of the hurdles that arise. Just keep showing off and get your rest in between and know that you have SOOO many people who love you and support you through this journey. You are not alone, my brother. Every step of the way, I (and hundreds of others around the world)will be rooting you on! You make me so proud. Danka said it best..you are "Brave Heart"! I'll be seeing you soon, until then know that I have you in my prayers and in my thoughts. XO
    Love you,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete